Last Updated: August 27, 2021
Changes to This Policy
Information you provide to us. We collect information you provide directly to us.
- For example, we collect information when you register with Builterra for an account, create or modify your profile and online account, access and use Builterra (including but not limited to when you upload, download, collaborate on or share files or other information), participate in any interactive features of Builterra, participate in a survey, contest, promotion, sweepstakes, activity or event, make a purchase, apply for a job, request customer support, communicate with us via third-party social media sites or otherwise communicate with us.
- The types of information we may collect directly from you include your name, username, email address, your picture, postal address, phone number, information about your data storage preferences, employer’s name, job title, as well as any contact or other information you choose to provide. Please be aware that the information you choose to provide in your Builterra profile may reveal or identify information that is not expressly stated (for example, if you choose to provide your picture, your picture may reveal your gender. We also store the files or other information that you upload or provide to Builterra (“Content”) to be able to provide you with the features and functionality of Builterra.
Information we collect automatically when you use Builterra. When you access or use the AEC Services, we may automatically collect information about you, including:
- Usage Information:We monitor user activity in connection with Builterra and may collect information about the applications and features you use, the websites you visit, the sizes and names of the files or folders you upload, download, share or access while using Builterra, the Content you access and any actions taken in connection with the access and use of your Content in Builterra.
- Log Information:We log information about you when you access and use Builterra, including your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, access times, browser type and language, Internet Service Provider (“ISP”), the Web pages that you visit, the Content you use and the URL of the Web page you visited before navigating to Builterra.
- Device Information:If you access Builterra from a mobile device, we collect information about the device, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers, mobile network information (as allowed by the mobile network) or platform information (as allowed by the specific platform type). We access and track location-based information from your mobile device while using our mobile apps.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies:We use various technologies to collect information, which may include saving cookies to your computer or mobile device. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us to improve Builterra and your experience, customize your experience and preferences, allow you to access and use Builterra without re-entering your User Name and/or password, understand which areas and features of Builterra are most popular and count visits. We may also collect information using web beacons (also known as “tracking pixels”). Web beacons are electronic images (also called “gifs”) that may be used in Builterra or in emails that help us to deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness and determine whether an email has been opened and acted upon. For more information about cookies and how to disable them, please see “Your Choices” below.
Use of Information
We may use the information we collect about you for a variety of purposes, including to:
- Provide, operate, maintain and improve the Builterra;
- Enable you to access and use the Builterra, including uploading, downloading, collaborating on and sharing Content and sending emails on your behalf;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- Provide and deliver the services and features you request, process and complete transactions, and send you related information, including purchase confirmations and invoices;
- Respond to your comments, questions, and requests and provide customer service and support;
- Communicate with you about services, features, surveys, newsletters, offers, promotions, contests and events, and provide other news or information about AEC and our select partners;
- Process and deliver contest or sweepstakes entries and rewards;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with the AEC Services and for marketing or advertising purposes;
- Investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions, unauthorized access to the AEC Services, and other illegal activities;
- Enable you to communicate, collaborate, and share files with users you designate; and
- For other purposes about which we notify you.
By accessing or using Builterra or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing and transfer of information Only within Microsoft Azure’s Canadian Data Centers. Microsoft Azure Canada Central (Toronto) and Microsoft Azure Canada East (Quebec City).
All data entered into Builterra remains the property of the account holder. Builterra will not use the data except by request or in service of the client. For paid accounts, this means the entity that owns the account and not necessarily the user that entered it. This also means the responsibility of what data is stored remains with the owner and not Builterra which includes complying with all applicable laws of your jurisdiction.
Sharing and Disclosure of Information.
- Vendors, Consultants and Other Service Providers:We may share your information with third-party vendors, consultants and other service providers who are working on our behalf and require access to your information to carry out that work, such as process billing, provide customer support, etc.
- Corporate Account:If you are an individual Builterra registered user and the domain of the primary email address associated with your Builterra account is owned by your employer and was assigned to you as an employee of that organization, and such organization wishes to establish an Builterra corporate account, then certain information concerning past use of your account may become accessible to that organization’s administrator including your email address.
- For Collaboration:We may share your information, including when you choose to use collaboration features in Builterra that by their nature support sharing with third parties whom you choose. Your name, email address, information from your profile and online account (including your photo), and any Content you choose to share will be shared with such third parties, and such third parties may communicate with you (such as by posting comments or emailing you) in connection with your use of the collaboration features of Builterra. For example, third parties whom you invite to collaborate with you as Editors; using the collaboration features of Builterra may also modify Content that you have shared, upload documents and photos to Content you have shared, share such Content outside of Builterra, and provide other third parties with rights to view the Content you have shared.
- Compliance with Laws:We may disclose your information to a third party if (a) we believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, (b) to enforce our agreements, policies and Terms of Service, (c) to protect the security or integrity of Builterra, (d) to protect Builterra, our customers or the public from harm or illegal activities, or (e) to respond to an emergency which we believe in good faith requires us to disclose information to assist in preventing the death or serious bodily injury of any person.
- Business Transfers:We may share or transfer your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
Collaboration and Sharing Features
Builterra offers collaboration features or other integrated tools, which allow you to share your Content through Builterra. As a function of the collaborative nature of Builterra and based on the permissions and settings you choose, the use of such features enables the sharing of Content with people you want to collaborate with or with the public. You can choose to change your settings at any time.
While no service is completely secure, AEC takes reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. For example, sensitive information such as passwords that we request from you on Builterra is protected with encryption, such as Secured Socket Layer (SSL) protocol, during transmission over the Internet.
The servers on which personal information is stored are kept in a controlled environment with limited access. While we take reasonable efforts to guard personal information we knowingly collect directly from you, no security system is impenetrable. In addition, we cannot guarantee that any passively-collected personal information you choose to include in documents you store on our systems are maintained at levels of protection to meet specific needs or obligations you may have relating to that information.
You may access your account information and our service only through the use of an individual user ID and password. To protect the confidentiality of personal information, you must keep your password confidential and not disclose it to any other person. Please advise us immediately if you believe your password has been misused. In addition, always logout and close your browser when you finish your session. Please note that we will never ask you to disclose your password in an unsolicited phone call or email.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. We will retain and use your information to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
Promotional and Newsletter Communications.You may opt-out of receiving promotional and newsletter emails from Builterra by following the opt-out instructions provided in those emails. You may also opt-out of receiving promotional emails and other promotional communications from us at any time by emailing mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org with your specific request. If you opt-out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as security alerts and notices related to your access to or use of Builterra or those about your online account or our ongoing business relations.
Cookies.Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies or to prompt you before accepting such a cookie. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject browser cookies, this could affect the availability or functionality of Builterra.
You can log in to our site using sign-in services such as Microsoft 365 or an Open ID provider. These services will authenticate your identity and provide you with the option to share certain personal information with us, such as your name and email address to pre-populate our sign-up form.
We display personal testimonials of satisfied customers on our site in addition to other endorsements. With your consent we may post your testimonial along with your name.